Sunday, May 20, 2018

Crochet: MOTORSPORT





Motorsport

"Motorsport, yeah, put that thing in sport (skrrt, skrrt)
Shawty bad (bad), pop her like a cork (pop it)"

With the hit song playing on the airwaves, there was nothing left to do but get creative. Every time you turned on the radio you would hear the song. The music playing in the background of a commercial, on one station after the other. Then you're causally scrolling Instagram and all you see is boutique after boutique posting the infamous black and white checkered square pattern. So I thought to myself why not get creative. 


For those of us who crochet, changing colors can be fun but can also be a bit tedious. There's nothing worse then being in the middle of a crochet project and your yarn gets TANGLED up because of the back and forth color changes. Color changing is something I taught myself how to do while doing crochet graphghans. It will have you questioning your ability to crochet and wonder if all of it is worth it. TRUST ME its worth it. I have grown to love the back and forth, yarn over, tangled up mess that comes with color changing. I feel like if you can color change you can do anything. That is the basis of crochet graphghan. But I will get into all of that at a later time. Back to MOTORSPORT.


Once again the ideas came to me while being on social media and seeing the different why the pattern was being used. I recently began my journey with designing swimsuits. So I put myself to the test. The motorsport swimsuit was the first swimsuit I ever made in its complexity. I have used the checkered pattern before as a graphghan and wondered to myself " What would it look like in swimsuit form? " I believe it came out perfect.


The short set was a breeze. I also recently began creating shorts with the help of YOUTUBE and my fellow crochet group on FACEBOOK SunRaee Sun Clan. I was intimidated by making clothes for the longest time. But the help I received I was able to come with the MOTORSPORT SHORT SET. Isn't it a beauty?? I absolutely LOVVVVEEEEEEDDDD creating it. I will admit it was extremely painful on the hands, my hands were on FIRE !!! I would totally do it all over again !! Its amazing to me what can be done with yarn. Both items were made with Red Heart Super Saver. I would recommend Cotton yarn for the swimsuit, but overall both pieces came out amazing.


If I have the time I will try to recreate a pattern for the shorts. 


Auntie Mia 

No comments:

Post a Comment